Electronics Design Engineer
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2022
- Design, Electronics
- Job Type
As a member of the Power Electronics and Firing Units capability Group your activities will include board level electronic design, prototyping, functional testing, sub-system level integration and proving including proving documentation.
You will be responsible for ensuring robust designs to ensure compliance against requirements. This role will cover the Product Life Cycle from feasibility through to transfer to Production, including support to industrial validation and ensuring that the product meets its quality, rate and cost targets.
You may also be involved in research and continuous improvement activities to enhance the Electronic Engineering capability for the future.
What were looking for
- Ideally, degree qualified with post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- This role provides an opportunity to be an integral part of the development and delivery of complex and technologically advanced solutions in the Power Electronics & Firing Units domain. It is a unique opportunity to broaden & deepen your technical, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Working with highly talented and motivated individuals and teams, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments for personal development and career progression.
- Dynamic (flexible) working, extensive training and company bonus are a few of the benefits to a role within Electronic Engineering. This role also offers opportunities to travel and work as part of an international team.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The Electronic Engineering function is a friendly and supportive environment that encourages personal growth and career progression. Within the function, you will be working with other engineers who have a collective wealth of experience across a wide range technologies and products and are happy to share their knowledge to support one another, ensuring opportunities for improvement are identified and best practice is upheld.
The experience you bring will be met with enthusiasm and you will be encouraged to share any learning.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert