MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
You will be responsible for the management of a manufacturing team. You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to meet the relevant project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver hardware of planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice
What were looking for
- Significant demonstrable track record and experience as a skilled electrical person
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good people management skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Ideally you will have formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Ideally HNC or equivalent certificate
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We are passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs Manufacturing UK require a motivated team.
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Were here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UKs work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.