Do you want to make an impact on products that consumers around the world can’t live without? Are you curious about the engineering, technology and development behind some of the world’s most loved brands such as Andrex and Kleenex? Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about innovation, collaboration and diverse perspectives? Working hard and living well. All to make essentials for better lives worldwide.
Then we have the opportunity for you!
KC is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our future Engineering strategy here at our Barrow site!
As Mechanical Engineer you will be supporting site operational activities, you will collaborate closely with others within the Engineering team and wider, to provide full engineering solutions across the whole manufacturing operation. You will lead planned preventative maintenance development and be involved in Capital Project Management. The role will also see you continuously improving asset reliability with a desire to make a proactive difference.
What You’ll Need
- We work in a culture of continuous improvement so having experience of lean methodologies and conventional plant operations will be needed.
- We work in a culture of coaching and your leadership and development skills will be key in delivering improvement.
- If you have prior experience of working within the paper, FMCG or chemical industries (or other regulated industries) – then great! If not, here’s where you will be able to gain a wealth of experience in our industry.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your previous experience of Mechanical Engineering in other roles you have carried out.
- You’ll also be able to demonstrable your mechanical experience in an ever-changing technical environment.
- Experience in progressive manufacturing cultures using TPM, RCM or other progressive best practices is also desirable.
- Finally, you’ll ideally be Apprentice trained, hold an appropriate HNC, Degree or National Qualification level 5.
We offer competitive pay and benefits to employees and reward excellence and performance. Our belief in promoting a healthy work-life balance drives us to support our employees’ total well-being, offering comprehensive benefits not limited to gym memberships, private medical insurance, dental cover, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, critical illness cover, travel insurance and a market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
What is it like to work at KC?
The identity of each and every one of our employees makes us who we are and makes our global company of over 40,000-plus employees stronger because of it. We are in the business of providing better care for a better world, for everyone, everywhere. At KC treating individuals with respect is the way we do business and the way we lead our industry and our world. We’re building an organisation that looks and thinks like our customers around the world and are searching for talented people with different perspectives and varied backgrounds. People like you.
At KC, original thinking also infuses everything we do; from our drive for innovation to our progressive benefits and opportunities all over the world. Original thinking is about ground-breaking innovation. It’s also creative and problem solving. Agile responses to change and advancing new ideas while advancing your career. Our Ways of Working – Focusing on Consumers, Playing to Win, Moving Fast and Growing Our People – drive our Culture.
Join our manufacturing teams where you can thrive on new technologies, build skills and be part of a supportive, collaborative team that solves real problems in a clean and safe environment.
At KC Barrow we also love where we live, with the sea on three sides and the Lake District on your doorstep Barrow-in-Furness offers envious landscapes, plenty to do and a fantastic place to live.
The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KC is a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign