Are you passionate about working with innovative technology and owning the design and engineering on projects delivering solutions that are central to our customer’s missions? Join BAE Systems as a Solution Architect. We are looking for architects with a strong focus on network infrastructure and security architecture.
You’ll be working with our global teams and be responsible for ensuring that the solution meets its functional and non-functional requirements, and the correct application of relevant technologies, processes and tool chains. You will need to define innovative solutions to problems, underpinned by robust delivery and engineering methods.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, working with other architects and engineers to get the best out of the team, allowing everyone to contribute. You will be an excellent communicator both internally within your project, as well as externally to senior customer stakeholders to facilitate decision making and co-ordinate design activities with related teams.
What background are we looking for?
Extensive solution engineering experience in a high-performance secure environment from requirements and the full software lifecycle through to acceptance. Experience designing innovative solutions to meet challenging requirements where reference designs are not sufficient.
You will have experience in the majority of the following:
- Through life engineering of complex IT solutions covering applications and operational aspects
- Technical architecture skills to design solutions (build vs buy, COTS production assessment and selection, capacity and sizing)
- Security and Infrastructure systems experience – networking, services such as backup and recovery, authentication, SSO, log management, health monitoring and patching
- Ability to analyze and understand existing designs and requirements
- Application deployment and health monitoring
- Security architecture
- Awareness of architecture and design using key technologies such as Elastic/ELK, AD, Veeam
- Providing engineering effort estimation for potential solution costs and delivery timescales
- Experience of interacting and presenting to both internal and external stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.