Start Date: April, June or September 2022
Location: Guildford, Surrey
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
As a Graduate Infrastructure Engineer, you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to train and coach you on the day-to-day skills required to work closely with our customers, both internal and external. You will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by engineering professionals and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget. Graduate Engineers will support their team to ensure that engineering practices are followed on all aspects of project definition and delivery.
You will be part of our Future Talent community which organises training, networking and social events to get involved with. We will support you with a Career Manager who will guide you through your career as it develops and we will encourage you to get involved in engineering outreach activities to inspire future generations of engineers.
Key responsibilities of an Infrastructure Engineer include:
- Understanding requirements and looking to design requirements to meet them, covering disciplines such as:
- Hardware platforms
- Hardware and application health monitoring
- Hardware and application logging
- Writing technical reports
- Assisting in the design and implementation of automated tests for system integration testing and regression testing.
- Assisting with and helping to ensure automated test script source code is sufficiently annotated to allow acceptance documentation to be automatically generated
- Working with test teams to ensure full coverage of acceptance tests at an early stage in the project lifecycle.
- Contributing to the writing of instructions to configure and deploy devices and applications in different environments.
- On track to achieve/ already achieved a 2:2 or above in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner;
- Excellent team working abilities;
- Quickly to learn and apply new technologies;
- Someone who can think on their feet.
Desired Technical Ability
Aptitude in one or more of the following:
- Network security & engineering, protocols (TCP/IP)
- VMware ESXi/vCenter/vSphere
- Active Directory/DNS/DHCP
- Microsoft, O365, SharePoint, Server 2019, Win 10.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- The aptitude for solving complex/technical problems
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
What’s in it for you?
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
- £30,000 starting salary, rising to £35,000 over the course of the programme
- £2000 sign on bonus
- £1000 relocation allowance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.