Multiple opportunities available.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist’s groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Our Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, and financial tools. Our goal is to build a leading consumer digital-banking platform and to do this we have two self-reinforcing consumer strategies: direct, where we serve consumers through Marcus, and embedded, where we deliver our products through partner ecosystems. Our partners include Apple, GM, Amazon, Walmart, and Jet Blue and we are in active dialogue with additional companies operating in the consumer economy.
How will you fulfil your potential?
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organisation and the entire industry
- Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. The same calibre of work is given to engineers located in US, Europe and Asia
- BSc or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiar with one or more of the following:
- Distributed systems
- NoSQL and relational databases
- Distributed messaging
- Transactional services
- Expertise in React JS, HTML5, Java
- Experience integrating with Restful web services
- Comfortable with Agile Operating Models
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
- Experience with microservice based architecture
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Spring, vert.X
- Experience with AWS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firm wide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html