Multiple opportunities available.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Our Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, and financial tools. Our goal is to build a leading consumer digital-banking platform and to do this we have two self-reinforcing consumer strategies: direct, where we serve consumers through Marcus, and embedded, where we deliver our products through partner ecosystems. Our partners include Apple, GM, Amazon, Walmart, and Jet Blue and we are in active dialogue with additional companies operating in the consumer economy.
How will you fulfil your potential?
- We are actively seeking a motivated Android Engineer with proven industry experience
- The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done
- Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role
- We are looking for an expert Android developer to work on a greenfield enterprise-grade project delivered on Android platforms. Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank
- As a Mobile Developer you will be working closely with UX and product designers to build mobile user experiences which will be A/B tested for effectiveness and impact to our clients. The code you write will reach millions and help redefine the firm
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading the delivery of mobile apps using their knowledge of native Android languages
- The candidate will get to work with modern technologies, such as RESTful web services, OAuth 2.0 and the latest version of Android Studio, and will utilize them to build cutting-edge software that will include advance data visualisations
- The candidate should also demonstrate deep knowledge of mobile architectures that encourage code reuse and ease debugging
- The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and should be able to lead others towards their technical vision
- Clear verbal and written communication skills will be crucial since the candidate must be able to gather requirements as well as influence and gain consensus for their designs with the global technology team
- Work to identify where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and projects
- BSc or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum 5 years Kotlin experience
- Experience with Room, RxJava, Retrofit
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio
- Knowledge of MVC and MV* patterns
- An appreciation of design
- Comfortable with Agile Operating Models
- Knowledge of Repository pattern
- Knowledge of MVVM or MVI patterns
- Active on Github or StackOverflow
- Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
- Experience with multi-module projects
- Knowledge of multi-region applications
- Knowledge of consumer finance industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html