WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Supplier Parts & Quality Principal Engineer that will be responsible for the capacity and quality performance of all new products, current vehicle suppliers and will perform an important role within the Purchasing Department.
The STA function is responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling supplier manufacturing processes and activities to enable high quality and on-time execution of product programmes effectively and efficiently whilst maintaining and improving current car performance.
The role is Warranty aligned and will interface with suppliers to ensure quality and delivery performance meet current and future business requirements. There is a key focus on enhancing supplier capability through achieving continuous improvements in delivery, this role will involve engaging suppliers, diagnosing their systems issues and working to develop the action plans to help achieve best practices.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Contribute to improvement projects applying a lean methodology to deliver sustainable transformation within the suppliers manufacturing operations
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project objectives are delivered
* Provide support, project management and facilitation for the supplier development by promoting performance improvement within the external global supply chain
* Develop business diagnostic activities within the supplier to establish the current baseline performance of the supplier
* Contact suppliers by telephone to identify the root cause and discuss remediation in place using 8D concern resolution, ensuring the remediation is appropriate
* Track and monitor the progress of an open issue according to the timing plan provided by the supplier
* Liaise with managers at all levels to inform the status of issues, at a daily or weekly meeting
* Escalate issues where appropriate and identify suppliers required for line walks
* Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality planning with close interrogation of supplier timing plans and Phased Production Part Approval Process
* Triage and allocation of new work based on daily meetings to find fixes to product quality reports raised by dealers
* Report progress against the project on a weekly basis to STA Manager
* Work with key project stakeholders across STA, Purchasing and Suppliers
* Attend customer-focused audits whilst liaising with suppliers and managing sufficiency plans
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will be responsible for working closely with suppliers to facilitate the investigation of warranty issues, to identify the root cause and secure an appropriate solution within an agreed timing plan. The team will also engage and work closely with the plant quality Audit department reacting to and analysing supplier performance.
You must possess the ability to challenge existing thinking positively whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style. We're searching for a talented individual that can enable speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and a sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Background in high volume Manufacturing
* Operations experience in Manufacturing
* Previous knowledge and practical deployment of lean tools
* Experience in system improvement with the manufacturing process
* Able to facilitate resolution of complex cross-functional issues
* An individual who is resilient and enthusiastic and able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrable knowledge and experience of 8D and 6 Sigma
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Good communication & presentation skills
* Ability to analyse and break down complex, multidimensional problems or processes into their key elements to achieve common goals
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
* Lean / Six Sigma certification