Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
Reporting to the the Operations and Maintenance Director, the Head of HV Services will be responsible for the service delivery and overall performance of the business stream. The primary focus of the role is to develop and drive a fully capable HV Services business to deliver a wide range of HV Services to the renewables industry. Your role will involve strategic development of the business to meet industry changes and challenges, and support to the wider RES business. You will be responsible to lead the electrical safety function for the wider RES business in the UK and I.
HV Services include but are not limited to:
- 24/7 Operational Support (SAP/AP provision)
- Inspection and maintenance of HV equipment
- Repair and replacement of HV equipment
- Specialist HV services (Testing, commissioning)
- Set and deliver the HV Services business plan
- Ownership of the P&L and delivery of KPIs
- Plan for and drive growth of the HV Services team services (finding opportunities for innovation in services to achieve growth aspirations for the team)
- Assess competitive landscape and lead team to stay ahead of competitors
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Ensure the HV Services team has robust (and standardised with RES UKI approaches) procedures for:
- Onboarding, service management and reporting
- Supply chain engagement
- Contract and commercial performance
- Lead electrical safety management in UKI
- Line management of a team of direct reports
- Develop the wider team's capabilities to improve service to clients and reduce the costs of service delivery
- Ensure effective inter-departmental cooperation between HV Services and technology service delivery teams with respect to HV services (when delivered as part of a broader service contract)
- Knowledge of HV assets design and configuration
- Knowledge of other technology (equipment) design (desirable)
- Knowledge of contracts (legal and commercial)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent business management skills
- People development
- Customer service
- Project management experience
- Operations management experience
- Experience in leading an operational or engineering teams
- Experience with bidding for tenders
- An awareness of the commercial aspects of O&M service provision
- Degree in engineering or related subject
- Membership of professional association (IET etc)
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Locations: Kings Langley, Exeter, Glasgow, Gateshead, Grimsby, Guildford, Larne, Cardiff and Truro