A Security Consultant will assist clients in clearly understanding their exposure to security threats/risks, and putting in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
Core Duties/Key Accountabilities
- Creates frameworks to structure thinking and uses it to articulate concepts.
- Applies understanding of the wider project picture to set milestones and deliverables with minimal guidance. Drives the work-stream to deliver results.
- Manage cross-departmental/business-wide changes and describe compelling change vision with defined outcomes. Evaluates the impact of change against performance results.
- Contributes to the shaping of new organisation processes, practices and solutions and provide advice and general direction to stakeholders, including managers, in relation to the design and implementation of organisation development activity and outcomes.
Planning & Project Management
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans and regular and accurate communication to stakeholders are maintained.
- Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team.
Risk & Commercial Management / Quality Management
- Identifies early on if problems/risks arise that will affect delivery and flags for support.
- Understands the commercial impact of scope changes and escalates where appropriate.
- Regularly reports progress and contributes to monthly reporting.
- Demonstrates track record of successful delivery. Ensures quality of own deliverables and those of team. Monitors and measures client satisfaction.
- Understands and can articulate the major Company Value propositions (e.g. collaboration, business transformation), identifying business opportunities and brings them to the attention of project leadership, leveraging existing client relationships where appropriate.
- Makes a specific contribution at sales meetings with support, contributing to the planning, shaping and development of client proposals, taking on responsibility for content or sections.
Understand Client Requirements/Scoping
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders to scope and establish a base-line.
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to baselined requirements. Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Proactively improving business performance, through progression of career. Undertaking leadership on significant pieces of work, based on previous experience.
- Driving service excellence through teams and holding them to account, whilst mentoring lower grade resources where possible.
- Constructs hypotheses, designs diagnostics and carries out relevant data gathering to draw insight and make relevant recommendations. Delegates some of these tasks to stream members and coaches them in their completion.
- Develops and tests mental models to ensure practical application.
- Displays flexibility, creativity and innovation in generating solutions and recommendations.
Nature of Impact on Business
- Shows a deep understanding of client issues. Instils credibility and legitimacy with management through contribution to the engagement and ability to challenge.
- Identifies key influencers and decision makers within the client organisation and engages appropriately, adapting style where necessary.
- Has specific "face off" accountability with clients at the middle management level.
Account Development and Sales and Commercial Management
- Makes valid contributions to Account plans and helps run Account/Sector Development workshops. Understands Company commercial models, business wining stages of the company LCM process.
- Can run a bid process and understands how to construct a commercially acceptable offer. Understands how to collaborate with supporting functions such as bid service, legal, commercial, etc. to do this successfully.
- Conducts data gathering interviews up to middle management level, listens actively and controls the development of the interview, capturing the key points, restating points succinctly to group/individual.
- Articulates when delivering presentations and in discussion with clients. Knows how to headline and bring out ideas in a convincing manner.
- Writes well-articulated, structured and succinct professional documents using the basic Microsoft packages.
Influencing and Facilitation
- Prepares by understanding stakeholder's viewpoint by gathering relevant data and presents ideas persuasively to gain buy-in. Constructively challenges the conventional view and presents ideas persuasively to gain buy-in/steer others to specific outcomes.
- Prepares and runs project team/internal meetings effectively using tools and techniques to achieve desire outcomes. Headlines key points and ensures participation.
The ability to obtain security clearance (SC) is highly desirable but is not essential.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.