We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with excellent technical and client-facing skills, to act a solution architect and technical delivery lead for national scale cyber defence solutions. This ranges from strategic architecture design for national cyber authorities through to small enterprise CERTs/SOCs and Managed Security Services' SOCs. This role is situated within our Government business and is internationally-focused thus extensive travel for several weeks or sometimes months will be involved from time to time.
Find out more about our award winning Cyber Security solutions: http://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/solutions/by-business-objective/detect-and-monitor-for-cyber-attacks
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for implementing solutions across people, process and technology with top-tier Government clients.
- You will engage with the customer to understand their requirements and design cyber security solutions to meet their needs throughout the design - delivery lifecycle. On client site you will direct a team (and contribute hands-on) to install, configure and integrate the solution with the client's systems (building client-specific extensions as required), before testing to assure the quality of the deliverable and finally handing-over the solution to the customer.
- You will help grow and evolve our delivery capability by documenting the delivery processes, feeding back lessons learned and working with the wider team in establishing best practices and repeatable processes. You will feed back requirements that you have captured during the project continually to product management teams to help to steer the business' product roadmap.
- You will work with sales executives, technical project managers, engineers, solution architects, as well as the end-customer. Given the international client delivery focus of this role, flexibility in our designs and delivery methodologies is essential to ensure timely delivery to the customer’s satisfaction. You will travel internationally to work on-site across our global client-base.
- You will develop an in-depth technical understanding of our Cyber Security product suite, and will build excellent relationships with our customers, such that they see you as the SME and their primary point-of-contact for technical matters.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in building and delivering Cyber Security solutions, integrating systems and developing the associated processes and procedures, and an understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
- Detailed knowledge of Cyber Security product landscape.
- Previous experience working in a Security Operating Centre including a background in SOC design and/or operation.
- Experienced in deriving and updating security use cases for use on SIEM and analytics platforms and onboarding organisations to a SOC
- Experienced engineer that is capable of maintaining high levels of configuration control, quality assurance and producing and following standard design patterns
- Experience with working with end users and clients offering advice, guidance and thought leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and client-facing skills, including Microsoft Office suite use (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio), ensuring a clear and professional quality of written materials.
- Time management and organizational skills to independently manage multiple delivery projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented approach.
- ITIL, and authoring/directing the development and implementation of Service Management systems.
- Thought leadership at senior levels in designing and setting strategy for advanced cyber defence detection systems.
- Apache Hadoop (or other Big Data platforms) and the wider Hadoop ecosystem including Kafka or Spark
- Cloud architecture experience
- Infrastructure administration, for example
- Server hardware and or networking hardware and installation/configuration.
- Linux System/Network administration (CentOS/Red Hat or Ubuntu) and/or Microsoft Windows System/Network administration
- Web Servers (preferably Apache HTTPD).
- Database Servers (preferably PostgreSQL).
- VMware (or other virtualisation platforms).
- Security products (SIEM and SOAR tools)
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.