Everything we do creates a safer future. In a new age of cyber threats, our people have a shared vision to protect the connected world, to create and deliver intelligent global solutions to financial services across an ever changing threat landscape. We are passionate about solving problems for our customers, we bring together those in the industry who face tough challenges on a daily basis and help them to make a difference.
About The Team
NetReveal® is a successful global technology business division of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. The NetReveal® suite of solutions is deployed by leading banks, insurers and government organisations to prevent financial crime and ensure regulatory compliance. In addition to software development, sales and support functions, NetReveal® provides consultancy and implementation services.
About The Role
Solution Architects are responsible for ensuring our solutions meet the needs of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence clients.
The role requires the candidate to deliver solutions to multiple clients, over different domains. Solution Architects must employ consideration of the end-to-end life cycles of a solution such as operational support and management, integration, change and extension, migration and re-platforming, transition to live, re-use, withdrawal/retirement and disposal.
Often, Solution Architects will work with very senior client and internal stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches. The role will involve deploying an excellent understanding of mainstream and emerging technologies and the evangelism of innovative approaches to business problems is encouraged. The intellectual capability to rapidly develop expertise and authority in new areas is a frequent feature.
The role requires the candidate to select and tailor the engineering processes that are used to develop the solution and govern the technical quality of the work as it is executed. As expert communicators with deep knowledge in more than one discipline, there is a frequent need to coordinate the activities of multiple functions within the organisation to deliver enduring capabilities and service to our clients.
What You Will Be Doing
Helping our business grow
- Consult with clients to evolve and shape early solutions.
- Work with Account Management, Sales and Pre-sales functions to equip them with robust technical and solution authority.
- Support bids, pitches and to develop or qualify new opportunities. Identify and quantify costs required to provide solutions or services to prospect clients.
- Understand and leverage existing BAE organisation and capabilities working with marketing, product and proposition experts to incorporate the reuse of solution elements from multiple service lines.
Representing us in the industry
- Represents BAE at company level in articulating company thinking with regard to solution offerings, external partnering and collaboration with solution vendors and technology providers.
- Participates in cross-industry architectural working groups and within relevant professional bodies.
- Manages a team of architects, nurturing and guiding them in their roles. Continually providing the team with career guidance and assessing and delivering feedback on their performance and development.
- Responsible for all architectural activity through the project lifecycle. Setting standards for tools, techniques and delivery quality and ensuing they are adhered to.
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the architectural and engineering process with a particular focus on quality, scope and risk management and mitigation.
Driving forward our strategy
- Responsible for understanding, articulating and realising the company strategy. Ensure that solutions, engineering deliverables and approaches are in step with the goals of the organisations.
- Identifying, evangelising and driving changes to the organisation to help manifest tangible aspects of the businesses strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is essential
- Proven experience of ownership of solutions through delivery and transition into operation and their subsequent refinement, or modification.
- Proven experience of delivering and supporting hosted solutions on public cloud platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with senior stakeholders.
- Established competence in managing and developing technical delivery resources.
- Practical experience of the estimation of labour and material costs for providing solutions and services.
- Practical experience of information security requirements for providing services out of a public cloud environment. Having experience of communicating with and influencing Technical, Business and Information Security stakeholders.
- An understanding of public cloud cost optimisation methods and experience in their implementation.
- Working experience of Agile and DevOps delivery models.
- Practical experience of the integration or deployment of new applications into a public cloud environment, specifically AWS.
- Working experience of the deployment, management, maintenance and utilisation of Cloudera Data Platform (CDP)
- Practical experience of production deployments utilising AWS PaaS components specifically, EMR, Kafka, Spark, and Elasticsearch.
- Working experience of IaaC, specifically Ansible and AWS CloudFormation for the definition and provision of environments, solutions and services.
- Experience of working in a product consulting environment.
- Experience of developing in and deploying to secure J2EE environments.
- Experience of working with CI/CD practises.
- Working experience of performance analysis and optimisation techniques.
- Working knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachmann, TOGAF and MODAF) and other design articulations (e.g UML).
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect at Associate level or above.
- Experience in working with AWS serverless technologies, specifically Fargate and Lambda.
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services.
- Experience in defining and implementing cloud architecture processes and polices.
- Experience in redefining software applications for cloud native deployment.
- Overseeing cloud security processes and controls.
- Experience in leading structured and objective evaluations of third party suppliers and software solutions.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.