Number of jobs available 1
Band / Grade B1 H1, B1 SPTO
Post Type Permanent
Working Pattern Full Time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £41,621 to £50,091
Leave entitlement Starting at 30 days per annum, pro-rata
Pension Civil Service Pension Scheme
Closing Date 20/02/2022, 23:55
Interview dates Likely to be between the middle and end of January 2022.
Job Description Clerk of Works – Mechanical V2.pdf – 127KB
Additional Information House of Commons Benefits and Support.pdf – 495KB
In-House Services and Estates (IHSE) team in Parliament takes great pride in looking after and improving the buildings of Parliament itself, as custodians of the Estate. We operate on a working World Heritage site which attracts visitors from all over the globe, in a challenging stakeholder environment where conservation and the need to innovate and build for the future coincide.
Working with Project Leaders within the Project Delivery Team, the Mechanical Clerk of Works will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of projects to specified Mechanical standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for inspecting a wide variety of building services installations, reporting on their completeness, quality, compliance against the design (Works Information), witnessing verifications, testing and commissioning and reviewing all record documentation for accuracy.
- Review of designs, specifications, Works Information, Scopes, technical submittals, requests for information and Early Warnings before tender, during construction and through to Completion to ensure systems meet the Employers requirements, are commissionable and maintainable.
Other responsibilities include contract and contractor management, resource management, stakeholder management and effective planning, innovating and improving.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Level 3 qualified in a Mechanical engineering discipline and/or significant equivalent experience.
- Site-based building services engineering experience working as a Mechanical Building Services engineer CoW, or Site Installation Supervisor/Inspector on new and refurbishment projects in occupied/historic buildings.
- HND/HNC qualified in a Mechanical engineering discipline.
- Member of professional body such as IET, CIBSE, IMechE etc.
- Accredited NEC3 Supervisor.
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year).
- Civil Service Pension scheme.
- Access to training and development.
- Flexible working.
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and 500-word cover letter.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the Job Description.