Asset Management Lead
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area
Salary: £42,000 - £66,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will lead the integration of asset management activities by identifying, appraising, optimising and prioritising options for the development of effective asset management plans, championing the implementation of the Asset Management strategy into the Estate Area, to ensure asset management objectives are achieved.
You will be required to:
- Develop and communicate Asset Management Plans (AMP) establishing a funded, prioritised and approved 12 month "working" plan, through the collaboration of function and operational areas.
- Establish and manage AMP local governance arrangements with GLAO and Sponsor
- Establish a rhythm of updating and up-issuing Asset Management Plan's on an annual basis by facilitating and co-ordinating all key stakeholders who need to be involved.
- Co-ordination of AM activities across the estate area to ensure alignment of outcomes to meet estates AM objectives.
- Manage and lead the Risk, Issues and Opportunities process (for area of responsibility) identifying, scoring, monitoring and prioritising all asset risks covering health & safety, security, asset availability, reputation, environmental (including climate change) and finance.
- Lead and manage the Investment Planning Request process for respective area of responsibility.
- Utilising the Asset Management Self-Assessment tool, complete assessments for the relevant business area to establish areas for improvement of asset management implementation.
- Working with all stakeholders develop AM capability and awareness within area of responsibility by promoting the goals and benefits of AM.
- Using appropriate metrics for analysis and interpretation of information, monitor the business benefits of AM strategies and identifying area for improvement.
- Manage the process for whole life costing appraisal of critical assets.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Ideally Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate or Diploma with a minimum of 3 years practical AM experience.
- HNC / HND in a relevant discipline and membership of a professional body, e.g. IAM, IMechE.
- Assessing the impact of changing economic / stakeholder expectations on a day-to-day and long term management of assets
- Good understanding of the internal and external environment which the company operates.
- Proven stakeholder management and consultation.