JASMIN (jasmin.ac.uk) is a globally unique data analysis facility which provides storage and compute facilities to enable data-intensive environmental science. We are looking for a Senior IT Systems Architect and Services manager to provide technical leadership to help maintain JASMIN's position as a world-leading environmental science analysis infrastructure.
About the role
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the JASMIN infrastructure provided by the STFC Scientific Computing Department. This includes:
- Leading the day-to-day operations of the infrastructure and ensuring technical services are developed and managed to a high standard of capability and reliability
- Acting as a point of escalation for the resolution of complex and difficult problems within the infrastructure, requiring in depth knowledge and advanced skills in technical problem solving and the ability to negotiate with external technical teams to reach a timely conclusion
- Liaison with key stakeholders, project sponsors and users to define detailed technical requirements for existing and future services
- Architecting new solutions and leading the implementation of projects often in areas where there is no existing precedence or pre-existing solution requiring significant creativity to research, propose and develop new cutting-edge methods.
You will have:
- A track record of originating and deploying innovative solutions drawing on knowledge and expertise in technologies such as large scale (multi-PB) high performance data storage solutions, High Performance Computing, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- The ability to evaluate and assess the suitability of new and emerging technologies to meet the continuously evolving future needs of the service
- The ability to lead and develop a team ensuring that the team successfully delivers projects and services whilst maintaining a proactive approach to service delivery
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to balance multiple, potentially competing, requirements from stakeholders to achieve effective practical solutions
- The ability to cope with high levels of uncertainty and with the minimum of supervision.
What we can offer:
Our employees are integral to our organisation, so we have put benefits in place to ensure people feel valued and supported during their employment with us. Alongside flexible working arrangements and a generous annual leave allowance, we offer all of our employees access to excellent learning and development courses, a defined pension scheme and a 24/7 employee assistance programme.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
How to apply:
For full details of this post please visit our Careers Portal.
Closing Date: 20th February 2022