Job Role/ Purpose
To carry out design work on the SABRE engine turbomachinery and support technology development activities specialising in support of the aerodynamic design.
- Provide aero-thermodynamic design solutions for the SABRE turbomachinery, and at sub-system and component level.
- Provide input to the aerodynamic and thermodynamic requirements specifications for the turbomachinery.
- Support various research and development projects, as required.
- Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors and external suppliers and customers.
- Support the design and analysis of turbo-machinery components (Axial and Radial designs)
- Develop flow path design concepts for the turbomachinery and evaluate the performance impact of these designs using in-house design codes.
- Identify opportunities for improving aerodynamic performance of the turbomachinery.
- Develop the company turbomachinery aerodynamic design capability in line with the project requirements.
- Qualified to degree level in Aerospace Engineering with some experience in turbomachinery design and aerodynamics.
- Applicants who are Chartered Engineers or pursuing a path leading to Chartered status is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of turbomachinery aerodynamics and thermodynamics.
- Must have industry experience in the design and analysis of turbomachinery.
- Experience within the aerospace industry is essential.
- Must have experience in the use of aerodynamic design codes for generating aerofoils or other turbomachinery geometry.
- Specific experience with steady and unsteady 3D CFD analysis codes for evaluation of turbomachinery is desirable.
- Experience with using CAD software systems (e.g. solidworks) is desirable.
- Capable of completing hand-calculations and using “rules-of-thumb” for concept mechanical design.
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Strong organising and prioritisation of tasks.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business and with suppliers and customers.
- Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done.
- Willing to travel, if necessary.
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
Salary dependent on experience, 35 hours per week with 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and company pension.
Closing date 17th October 2016. Please quote: 006/2016
Please quote your salary expectations.