Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your career into engineering management? Would you like to lead a team of Electronic Engineers and help develop their careers? Would you enjoy the opportunity to work on innovative technology utilising your electronic design skills?
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis and we have an opportunity for an Electronics Engineering Discipline Lead to join us.
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Leading the electronic engineering function (including digital, analogue and RF design) and championing related best practice, processes, tools and training.
- Line managing and developing a team of up to ten electronic engineers at various career stages.
- Leading the development of electronic designs on key development programs within the fields of Electronic Warfare and/or Cyber Security.
- Managing the supply of electronic engineering resource to projects and supporting recruitment and/or outsourcing activities where required to meet project needs.
What you’ll bring
The role of Electronic Engineering Team Lead requires the following qualifications and skills:
- A Degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field of electronic engineering.
- At least 5-10 years working in electronic engineering, ideally in the fields of defence, aerospace or communications (other domains will be considered).
- Detailed experience in at least one of the following three areas, but with a working knowledge of all three: digital electronics, analogue electronics and RF design up to 6GHz.
- A solid awareness of mechanical, firmware, software and system engineering disciplines.
- A history of successful project deliveries that span the product life cycle; from concept generation through to production.
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills.
- Above all else, a passion for technology.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.