Your next role
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to join us in an Engineering Manager position responsible for our Enabling Technology Portfolio. This role is one of six Engineering Managers within our business, reporting to our Engineering Director. The Enabling Technology Portfolio team is a cross functional team emcompassing software, FPGA, digital signal process, machine learning and systems engineers.
The main responsibilities of this portfolio is the design and execution of research and high complexity/new technology projects as well as the development and improvement of engineering processes. The Engineering Manager for this portfolio would manage this small area within our wider Engineering department.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Project delivery and execution through team task assignment and personal technical contribution
- Generation of bid artefacts to support peer review, business sign-off with a proven ability to deliver winning bids for a range of low-TRL research and delivery contracts
- Staffing and resourcing the portfolio, including planning and supply
- Identify and down-select new opportunities, aligned with the business strategy and product portfolios
- Developing the technical skills, depth and capabilities of the team aligning to future work package demands
- Portfolio leadership and project delivery governance
- Ensure that a Systems Thinking approach and proportionate Systems Engineering best practice is applied to all projects.
- Ensure that all development and major product delivery projects are represented with high quality information and presentation at Engineering Project Reviews. Provide regular status update and escalate concerns of adverse situations such as technical difficulty, milestones not being met or customer issues in a timely fashion
- Experience of developing/delivering new strategically important new product developments and solutions into new markets using a systems Engineering approach
What you will bring
The role of Engineering Manager (Enabling Technology Portfolio) requires the following experience and skills:
- Experience delivering projects across a number of engineering disciplines including FPGA & Software with good understanding of project management
- Multi-domain knowledge in a relevant domain (Electronic Warfare or Cyber Security) or closely related industry
- The ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams up to 20 strong with multi-task across several projects.
- Fluent practitioner in modern development methodologies, including Agile, DevOps, Scrum etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in electronics, computer science, communications, mathematics or similar
- Know how to combine interpersonal and technical skills to impact the organisation, engage people and manage relationships
- Hardware, RF, Digital Signal Processing, Machine Learning experience
- Deep expertise and knowledge of modern communication protocols, exploitations and weaknesses
- An analytical mind capable of ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to solve problems
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Strong, effective leadership, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- Displays a high level of respect, diplomacy and tact when dealing with stakeholders
- A self-starter committed to delivery and personal development of self and team
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.