As an Application Support Engineer, you will be working with a key international client in supporting their e-commerce solution. You will work with a small KL based team in collaboration with UK based engineers. This role requires the working of UK shift (5pm – 2am KL time) for which additional allowances/remuneration are provided.
The job role will include:
- Responding to client service requests within SLAs
- Maintaining an e-commerce platform using SAP Hybris
- Data ETL using PL/SQL database technologies
- Supporting services running on a Linux based OS with appropriate shell script automation
- Further extending the platform backend through Java development
- 3 years relevant work experience in similar roles or technology
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering or equivalent
- Flexibility to work on-call so as to respond to urgent client issues
- Experience with high level programming languages such as Java
- Understanding of basic web technologies such as HTML/CSS
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Articulate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Jenkins or SVN an advantage
*Due to the hours worked this team works remotely from home, allowances to support home office setup will be provided.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.