Fantastic opportunities for Engineers - Utilities
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,650 - £55,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
This role will be to deliver professional engineering services which enables Facility Engineering Team Leaders to deliver utility services to facilities, assets and equipment required by AWE. You will need to identify and escalate business risks associated with the condition and performance of assets, so standards/compliance are maintained, thus ensuring availability of equipment when needed.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Provide engineering intelligence to utilities water and drainage networks.
- Leadership and delivery of engineering tasks for utilities, water and drainage networks.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- A technical apprenticeship, HNC/HND with suitable additional experience (A degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering would be preferable) or time served/apprenticeship.
- An Engineering background within a maintenance environment.
- Previous experience of water and drainage networks and/or plant and equipment including potable water supplies and treatment; fire water supplies; foul and surface water drainage; and borehole extraction equipment.
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.