Role - Quality Engineer
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £33,850 - £50,800 per annum (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to support the extensive capital build programme as a Quality representative in a diverse project portfolio throughout the project lifecycle, working collaboratively within Delivery Teams. Encouraging a positive quality culture from inception to handover, internally and through the supply chain.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Represent Quality at key stakeholder meetings including design and technical reviews.
- Assisting in the creation, maintenance, and review of Quality Plans.
- Conducting internal project audits.
- Supporting workshops to promote performance improvement.
- Providing data to key metrics and KPIs to the Quality function.
- Attending supplier surveillance & Quality Control, e.g., product realisation through ITPs and FAT/SAT activities.
- Management of non-conformances, driving successful closure and identification of lessons learnt.
- Review of Lifetime Quality Records.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/experience:
- Relevant ONC/OND or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Membership of a recognized related professional body, or working towards i.e., PCQI.
- ISO9001 internal Auditor trained and relevant audit experience.
- Working knowledge of national and international quality standards, i.e., ISO9001.
- Identifying opportunities for process and cost efficiencies/improvements.
- Ability to influence and engage with key stakeholders.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Experience of working in a project quality environment; including engineering disciplines / construction / PP&E.
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity structures, systems and components.
- Awareness of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
- Working in a regulated industry, e.g., aerospace, nuclear etc.
- Operating within an NEC framework for project delivery.