Our Engineering teams build the technologies and business-focused products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who can use the latest technologies to help deliver the next generation of our Compliance and Anti-Fraud solutions for Financial Institutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of an agile Systems Engineering team in close co-operation with the product development teams who are delivering the product artefacts.
- Design, develop, release and maintain CI/CD tools and processes
- Maintain and optimize our Cloud Hosted development environments
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- Troubleshoot process and tool-related issues to drive issues to resolution.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- Experience with Gradle, Apache Ant
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible
- Experience with source code management tools such as GIT/BitBucket, SubVersion
- Good shell scripting skills such as Bash
- Ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Agile development methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as FishEye, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or CasperJS.
- AWS CloudFormation scripting
- AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail
- Experience with AWS CDK, AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM)
- Experience with monitoring systems and observability platforms such as Graphana
- Experience with Groovy, Python or similar scripting language
- Permanent contract
- Life cover, Private medical care, lunch pass, gym card, flexible working hours
- Catalogue of Internal & external trainings
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.