WHAT TO EXPECT
We are searching for a Senior Data Engineer to work with the Systems and Data team within Product Engineering Finance.
The role will require a strong understanding of Python and Google Cloud Platform. The candidate must possess the ability to help drive improvements across our financial reporting, data management and transactional approval activities.
The role provides an opportunity to work with a wide range of different stakeholders from across the Jaguar Land Rover's business, supporting critical activities for the success of our programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Maintenance of the systems and infrastructure supporting Next Generation Redbook (NGR) - Cost Management application
* Design and Development of new solutions from Proof of Concept (POC) through Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to deployment into a production environment
* Investigation and testing of new systems and solutions, and assessment of their potential impact, required changes to the existing solutions
* Support junior developers in complex changes to the existing solutions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will be capable of being able to work and communicate effectively with both IT Professionals and customers alike and have the ability to adapt communication based on the audience's technical or non-technical ability.
You will possess a strong understanding and knowledge of the design and development of semi-automated tools to support data management activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Vast experience in Python programming
* Strong exposure to Google Cloud Platform, especially BigQuery, Cloud Storage
* A good understanding of relational and hierarchical databases (SQL Server)
* Previous exposure to working in an Agile environment with Scrum Teams
* Strong data analytics skills with an attention to detail