The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, expertise and experience.
The role of the Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, administer, support and extend BAE Systems’ in-house suite of products. Technical Consultants take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, refreshes, implementations and upgrades, and provide leadership and mentoring to junior resources. Technical Consultants participate in client workshops and have a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring and deploying the product.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who enjoys working in a fast paced organisation. The ideal candidate should be a fast learner, be able to work independently and if need be, lead a small team of product implementation engineers / technical consultants. They should be a proactive problem solver, have the ability to converse and influence at all levels of stakeholder engagement.
- Participates in technical workshops during the initiation and definition stages of a project
- Support the project in facilitating functional, technical, architecture and data management requirements
- Create project development and testing environments mirroring the hardware and software stack to be used on client site
- Create technical design document to facilitate the development of the solution
- Configure the NetReveal product as defined in the design document
- Be responsible for the management of source control on the project or work with the release manager on the project to allow for source and version control
- Trouble-shoots environmental issues that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software
- Perform data management and unit testing
- Support the services QA team by delivering test defects and clarify test plans and cases
- Support the client through SIT, UAT, performance and security testing phases
- Perform packaging of solution, document installation instruction/notes and perform package deployment
- Supporting of the clients during installation packages into client environments.
- Identify improvements to our software, processes or supporting documentation
- Provide the highest level of support and are available for escalation of any technical problems that might occur on a project.
- Mentor and train the AI Technical Consultant
Key Skill Requirements:
- Candidate must be an Singapore PR or a Citizen
- Candidate must have minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Able to analyse issues and define high level solutions and provide technical strategy recommendations for clients.
- Experience working in a technical trouble shooting environment
- Previous knowledge of installing software, creating test environments
- Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of Databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and Postgres
- Good knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, and JBoss
- Good knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP UX)
- -Exposure and familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge in the NetReveal product or any other similar financial compliance and fraud prevention product
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- Performance tuning at a database level
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures
- Knowledge of XML and real time messaging queues and systems
- Exposure to the Financial/Banking and/or Insurance related industry
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired. For further details about this vacancy, please contact the recruitment team. Contact details can be found on Connect.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion:
As a company committed to inclusion, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and on a full or part-time basis. Diverse perspectives and innovative thinking are fundamental to our continued success. As an international organisation we strongly support flexible working conditions to accommodate for working in different time zones, cultures, patterns and client facing environments. We encourage all our staff to think about how they and their teams can work flexibly to get the best balance and results for our organisation and every individual.
Division Overview: Software Engineering
Software Engineering exists to satisfy the Digital Intelligence strategy to grow in the international large-scale security market by leveraging government relationships and differentiated propositions. Our mission is to support those who defend nations, organisations and citizens from physical and cyber threats. As well as our traditional deep expertise in communications intelligence for governments and telecommunications companies, we help our customers collect, store, analyse, and extract intelligence from open source information and to fuse multiple data sources into insightful intelligence.
We also help our clients monitor cyber activity to identify new threats and threat actors within the cyber domain, locally and nationally, and build secure communications infrastructure. We are the home for advanced electronic capability within Digital Intelligence and solve our client’s requirements with a mix of advanced software and hardware solutions combined with associated services offerings.