About The Team
Our Customer Engineering team build the technologies and customer-focused solutions that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. Customer Engineering work closely with the delivery teams to implement functionality key to the success of the project. We are looking for a senior engineer with strong Java and server development experience.
About The Role
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use.
- Show good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Provide accurate estimates for development tasks and meet deadlines.
- Fully assess the impact of changes on existing product code.
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of a development team in our customer engineering group.
- Support client projects to resolve java code related issues
- Develop functionality targeted at meeting customer requirements.
- Introduce new technologies and improve existing code.
- Collaborate with other teams in design workshops.
- Take full responsibility for test-driven development and work effectively with QA.
- Improve practices and design principles.
- Support application and client delivery teams.
Skills and Experience
- Programming Languages – Java/JEE
- Spring framework ( Spring IOC, Spring-MVC, Spring Security)
- Test Driven Development – Junit
- Proven commercial experience in a large-scale, distributed, production-grade systems
- Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team.
- Databases - Oracle, PostgreSQL,
- Search engines: ElasticSearch, Lucene
- Tools – Gradle, Git, Maven
- Web servers/ Application Servers – Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere
- Agile development methodologies – Kanban
- Data processing technologies – Kafka
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.