We are recruiting for an experienced Automation Tester to join our team working for a Central Government client. The role of Automation Tester is to create technical solutions to improve test process efficiency and validate the quality of the system. It's important that our Automation Testers are able to apply prior technical experience and techniques to develop test frameworks/products, automated tests and enable continuous delivery.
- Experience automating functional testing of software, writing scripts in Java, using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Rest-assured or Wiremock and/or Experience working with users to design and conduct manual testing
- Experience in designing and implementing integration, security, performance, resilience or operational testing.
- A proven track record of testing software developments in a structured environment
- Work closely with development teams to reproduce and resolve defects
- Ability to work in a changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and priorities
- Experience of working with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) delivery methodologies.
- TDD, BDD Continuous integration and release management.
- Developing tests for functional and regression testing that includes manual, automated, performance and ad hoc testing
- Comprehensive understanding of Automated Testing best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a software development team
- Experience using testing frameworks (e.g. TestNG, xUnit) to script tests
- Working knowledge of test case management tools (e.g. JIRA) to track defects and manage tests
- Knowledge of both the Software Testing life cycle and the Software Development lifecycle
- Working with cloud environments and tools e.g AWS
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.