We are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers and we support them in getting the most from Digital Transformation. This may mean building new systems or improving the integration of existing applications to improve Customer Experience. We are looking for an technical lead to link between the business requirements and the development team.
Someone who can:
- elaborate customer requirements and create solution designs
- communicate the designs across the development team
- provide support and assurance to the developers as they implement those design
The Technical Lead is a vital and exciting role within the team. As the lead engineer, you will find yourself with a set of responsibilities spanning both Software Engineering and Solution Design/Architecture. To be successful, along with strong engineering skills, you will be an excellent communicator and have already had exposure to undertaking Solution Design/Architecture.
- Preferred full stack experience with technologies Including: Java, AWS & MySQL, preferred knowledge of: Apache Camel, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, HTML 5,
- Engineering / Development experience across chosen technologies with:
- Experience with design and elaborating customer requirements - Reviews high level requirement (Epics, Tech Debts) with the customer & team and creates the Architecture/ provide solution
Experience providing assurance to a large team - Provides assurance that the solution developed adheres to the design specification
- Support and coach development team through complex technical challenges.
- Experience working in DevOps model, a product backlog and Agile ways of working
- Experience with Application Architecture - Design and Assurance
- Prioritises tech debts and brings them into grooming session supporting prioritisation with the Product Manager
- Advises on industry best practice and maintains an architecture roadmaps
- Support the development team by providing low-level elaboration of new features.
- Communication: a strong communicator who is able to:
- Represent the application and its architectures and product board and with client Architects
- Summarise technical jargon and considerations to client business and product stakeholders
- Collaborates with the engineering teams at a technical level
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.