The Low Carbon Business Unit (LCBU) within Gemserv is a highly focused consultancy specialising in strategy, regulation, policy and politics affecting the sustainable energy sector in the UK and in the EU. We specialise in helping our clients to achieve tangible and meaningful changes in regulation and policy that will make a real difference to the uptake of sustainable energy. We use our strategic insight gained from this experience to translate complex regulatory frameworks, technological developments and market trends into clear actionable advice for business and organisational leadership teams.
The Hydrogen Team within LCBU is at the heart of the debate around hydrogen through our work running Hydrogen UK, the UK trade association for hydrogen which works with Government and industry to shape the future of hydrogen. We also have a growing portfolio of strategy, innovation and demonstration projects in the hydrogen space. We are looking for a high calibre and experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Hydrogen Team to lead on delivery of these projects and to support the work of Hydrogen UK.
As a Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will be leading the delivery of complex workstreams on industrial projects across the UK. The role will provide an opportunity to shape the direction of our growing project management capabilities in the hydrogen team, work in a fast-paced and nationally significant area of the energy system, and ultimately help achieve action on climate change.
Reporting to the Head of Innovation, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Govern the successful delivery of complex technical projects, work packages and smaller consultancy projects on time and within budget.
- Lead the development and delivery of the Project Execution Plan (PEP), design documentation, progress reports, presentations and broader PM documentation for the Gemserv business and external clients.
- Manage the timely completion of stage gate deliverables and set performance expectations, from pre-FEED through to decommissioning, in partnership with EPCM and technology providers.
- Provide Gemserv and project-wide input into design reviews, site visits, safety assessments and change management.
- Develop and maintain a high-quality document suite and information management flow in line with UK best practice.
- Identify and manage cost, schedule, safety and risk implications between work packages and provide progress updates to the Hydrogen team and the Client/s.
- Identify enhanced value and optimisation opportunities.
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with across a wide range of stakeholders in support of project opportunities.
We are looking for a high calibre and experienced Senior Project Manager, with a dynamic and self-starting acumen, who is looking to enrich their career aspirations in the energy sector.
- Demonstrable proficiency in delivering complex projects, with a sound understanding of project management processes, including risk management and management of change.
- Experience participating in safety and design studies and providing technical authorisation.
- Proven capability to influence multiple stakeholders in reaching aligned decisions in a timely manner, with the ability to recognise and manage potential conflicts.
- Knowledge of industry standards in typical energy construction projects (including the implication of CDM Regulations).
- Proven performance management of engineering contractors.
- Good understanding of construction, subcontractor, confidentiality and operational contracts (e.g. NEC contract suite) and the administration thereof.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Organised, analytical and detail driven with strong computer literacy.
- Recognised qualifications in Project and Programme Management (e.g. APM/PMP).
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or similar discipline
- Chartership or Professional Engineering accreditation
- Prior experience in managing projects using public funds (e.g. via BEIS or DfT funding routes).
- Prior experience in managing hydrogen or ammonia production or distribution projects.
Please note- the successful candidate must possess the right to work in the UK as a pre-condition of employment. Gemserv is unable to sponsor visa applications.
Upon employment, the successful candidate is expected to familiarise themselves with the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
- THE COMPANY
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.