The role of the Social Network Analysis (SNA) Engineer within the Product Implementation Engineer team is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate and extend BAE Systems Digital Intelligence solutions. We're looking for a consultant with a passion for solving complex problems related to processing and analysing data.
Our SNA Consultants usually work as part of a larger project team (based in Poznan, and colleagues in the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and APAC) and work on part of a solution delivery and are expected to build a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring, enhancing and deploying the NetReveal® product.
NetReveal® is a successful global technology business division of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. The NetReveal® suite of solutions is deployed by leading banks, insurers and government organisations to prevent financial crime and ensure regulatory compliance. In addition to software development, sales and support functions, NetReveal provides consultancy and implementation services.
What you will be doing:
- Work with our financial crime and compliance solutions, mostly with insurance, banking and civil government customers in order to defend and enhance their business
- Analyse customer data to produce data quality reports, understand the importance of various data points and analyse the risk associated to data quality issues
- Develop knowledge of the functionality of the core NetReveal® modules so that they can be customised, extended and presented to clients
- Configure, implement and tune technical aspects of the NetReveal product to meet client requirements
- Work with technical leads on projects whilst gaining experience before taking ownership of work streams
- Understanding of relational databases and knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of data processing/analysis languages such as Scala (preferably), SAS, R or Python
- Fluency in spoken & written English (min B2)
- Analytical set of mind and problem – solving attitude
- Higher degree (preferably: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Economics with computer science)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills: communication, team – player attitude, self – motivation and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Unix, Linux OS families
- Knowledge of Oracle Databases and familiarity with ETL processes. Understanding of Big Data technologies, Spark knowledge would be an asset
- Knowledge of mathematical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of application server/s
- Understanding of programming languages principles. Knowledge of requirements engineering principles/frameworks
- Additional European language would be a strong advantage
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- Development possibilities (internal and external training courses and certificates)
- Wide range of benefits (Private medical care, Life Insurance, Multisport card, lunch voucher)
- Flexible working hours and possibility of working remotely (partially)
- Integration, sport and social events
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Cross company free share program
All BAE Systems employees are subject to in-depth pre-employment checks.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.