BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is seeking a Security Testing Consultant to join our team supporting customers across commercial and government sectors. This position is part of our global Cyber Technical Services team, which includes adjacent areas of Threat Intelligence and Incident Response.
What you could be doing for us:
- Delivery of end-to-end security testing engagements, including scoping and client wash-up meetings.
- Performing application testing, web and mobile tests, infrastructure testing, objective based tests, intelligence-led tests.
- Production of detailed reporting and presentations for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Safe and responsible use of testing tools, ensuring controls are in place to limit risks during customer engagements.
- Developing improvements in terms of scripts, tools, or techniques to enhance the Security Testing team's capabilities.
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues in other teams, such as Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, and the wider Security Consulting community.
What background are we looking for?
- Experience in delivery of security testing projects, ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of testing tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Understanding of client needs in terms of testing outcomes, stakeholder engagement, and risk mitigation.
- Self-starter with ability to identify problems early and come up with solutions using own initiative.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise work appropriately.
- Technical skills with an interest in one or more of the following: adversary emulation, vulnerability discovery, reverse-engineering, emerging technology.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel both within the UK and globally.
- Current CREST Registered Tester or OSCP.
Desirable (one or more of the following):
- Experience in a high level scripting language such as Python, a mid level language such as C/C++, or low level language such as ASM
- Skills and experience in application, operating system, database management operation, development, or security management.
- Skills and experience in testing within Government, Telecommunications, Energy, or Financial Services sector.
- Exploit development or other in depth vulnerability research experience.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.