We are looking for proactive and motivated software engineers to join our team on site in Bristol. Our software engineers have the opportunity to make a real difference, due to the fact that we work directly with the end users.
Our team has a great 'family' feel, and we have been closely integrated with the client for many years. There is a wide variety of work, constantly evolving with new technology. The team is part of a wider account, with regular forums and opportunities to learn.
- Docker (Ideally, running in swarm mode)
- Bash scripting
- Go, Python, Ansible
- Basic networking knowledge (reverse proxy configuration, addressing)
- Basic understanding of Certificate Authorities
- Understanding of Active Directory and Roles (ideally Keycloak)
How we will support you:
- Coaching and supportive environment
- Opportunities to lead teams for those who want to, but it’s not mandatory. If you are happy with your headphones on and head down that’s fine too – we do like team players though
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get up to 30 days holiday a year via our flexible benefits package
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career. You’ll have a career manager and get involved with innovation days, so you can develop your career aspirations
- You’ll be part of a bonus scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance for when you need it
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing
About National Security
This role is part of our National Security Fundamental business, where we develop operational solutions and deliver mission-critical services to Law Enforcement Agencies and Government departments. Our dedicated engineers and business consultants form multi-disciplinary teams, working together to provide a variety of solutions that help to prevent, protect and pursue criminals involved in serious and organised crime, enhance operational capabilities and deliver digital transformation programmes. Our work is a mix of remote working with some travel to various LEA sites around the UK. We need proactive, solution finding individuals with a can do attitude to join our teams to help solve some of the most difficult challenges so even if this role isn’t a perfect fit we’d still love to hear from you!
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.