Start date: September 2022
Location: Great Baddow, Chelmsford
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence has evolved from a heritage of 40 years and has rapidly expanded through digital, working in multiple industries and employs great minds to solve tough problems for our customers. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is a division of the BAE Systems Group; a premier international technology defence, aerospace and security company. We develop a wide range of products and services across several domains including: air, land, sea and cyber.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we’re interested in the skills and ideas that you will bring to our business. By embracing diversity and inclusion, we make best use of individual talents and allow our colleagues to expand, learn and recognise their strengths.
In this role you will be a full-time, valued employee of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, receiving a full, competitive salary while undertaking a Degree Apprenticeship in Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development. You will undertake the BEng degree at the University of Essex, in a traditional university environment and then work with our engineering teams, in Great Baddow, during your vacation periods.
This is an opportunity to design and develop state of the art software, firmware or electronics, working with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams. You will scope, plan and deliver work to agreed timescales for customer problems. This is a chance to develop innovative solutions, have responsibility and hands on experience in exciting, cutting-edge work from day 1.
We are looking for ambitious people, who are highly motivated and excited by learning and problem solving. They will have studied STEM subjects at college/sixth form level, with a particular interest in electronics technology.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for ambitious, enthusiastic people with the following:
- Strong academic background in STEM subjects (A-Level, BTEC or equivalent)
- An interest or experience in Space related subjects
- An aptitude for problem-solving and expanding knowledge
- Broad interest in electronics technology
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a changing and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent team working and ability to contribute as part of a diverse team
- Ability to learn quickly and sometimes working to challenging deadlines
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment, following application closing date
• Interview with one of our Engineers
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.