Global Design and Construction Sustainability Manager Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The ‘GDC Sustainability Charter’ is currently being implemented to integrate the development, roll-out, and support of a suite of sustainability initiatives within our design and construction projects.
This position is within the Global Design and Construction team (over 200no. people) who deliver over 70no. projects globally per year (in excess of $1B capex).
- Responsible for supporting the implementation, enhancement and day-to-day management of the global design and construction sustainability charter.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal stakeholders including supporting the Sustainability Program Office, Utilities & Energy team, Global Operations, Accounting, Sales & customers, Investor & Analyst Relations and Marketing and Global Procurement team.
- Maintain and execute against the company’s global strategic sustainability goals.
- Act as a subject matter expert for GDC sustainability initiative queries internally and externally.
- Manage the sourcing and purchasing process for our consultant base, including; receipt and evaluation of proposals; contract negotiation, award and administration of purchase orders, and preparation and management of consultant scope.
- Work with internal teams and external sustainability consultant(s) to ensure full participation in key program elements to ensure resulting data and information is sufficiently detailed, complete, accurate, and auditable for use for external reporting to agencies such as Global Reporting Initiative, Carbon Disclosure Project, RE100, LEED and Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark.
- Ability to travel frequently travel internationally and domestically.
Program and Portfolio Management
- Execute and oversee multiple simultaneous projects undertaken to meet the sustainability and energy efficiency goals of the company.
- Create, control and enhance reporting activities, assisting in the creation and retention of accurate GDC sustainability data, tracking issues and risks.
- Aligns GDC construction projects with the charter and sustainability project goals.
- Facilitates program and project meetings.
- Identifies and resolves program level issues with cross functional teams.
- Track project financials (cost and benefits, evaluating TCO).
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Builds relationships with company key stakeholders and business liaisons.
- Regularly present to E-staff and other internal/external groups as necessary.
- Communicates minor project/program scope, schedule, resource, and budget changes
Project Methodologies and Tools
- Communicates GDC Sustainability Charter framework and progress to all stakeholders
- Develop and maintain communication plans
- Develop and maintain execution templates: Experience with PM Tools such as MS Office Suite, MS Forms, Smartsheet, BI and SharePoint, Anaplan, Asite, Bim 360, Wordpress.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred working in design and construction and/or sustainability.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- MS Office confident
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, successfully interfacing with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate complex sustainability topics to a broad range of audiences within a matrixed organization
- Provide excellent analytical skills identifying all options available and defining best possible solutions.
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Able to design dashboards, roadmaps & presentations
- Willingness to travel internationally (occasionally) to support project teams on-site and/or work with the broader GDC and sustainability teams.
- Experience of having worked independently across a diverse set of stakeholders in multiple time zones.
- Awareness of existing or pending sustainability legislation relevant to data centers, real estate and technology companies (e.g. specifics around the EU Climate Neutral Data Centre Operator Pact, EU Green Deal, Sustainable Finance Taxonomy, Singapore Green Plan)
- Awareness of voluntary sustainability programs specific to energy, environment and emissions (e.g. CDP, GRI, The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, SASB, SBTs, TCFD etc.)
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, Equinix has implemented a vaccine or test policy that requires employees to show proof of full vaccination or get tested regularly to work onsite in an IBX or office. Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.