WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Lead Controls Engineer to develop and deliver a set of key Driver Mode controls and Driver Interactions functions, including shaping the strategy for the development of control functions within the department.
As a Lead Controls Engineer, you will be leading the resolution of issues within Driver Mode controls and Driver Interactions functions to ensure the robust launch of products and respond to the feedback from the calibration team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Mentor and coach other members of the team to help build a world-class capability in control system development
* Lead the weekly department's technical Product Line Engineering Team (PLET) session for Driver Mode controls and Driver Interactions functions, which supports detailed design analysis of developing functionality
* This role will provide technical leadership to deliver core functions and embed best practices in everything we do by developing methods, processes and tools
* An individual with a customer-first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
* An individual, who works independently, is results-driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As a Lead Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of Driver Mode controls and Driver Interactions functions including future vision, architecture development, delivery of model-based design, test methods and documentation.
You'll be leading the testing of the SW components within the Matlab MIL environment to deliver high-quality models to the SW team.
You will be responsible for contributing to the development of tools and methodologies to support the development of supervisory control systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of Powertrain controls and software, to a detailed level
* Experience in delivering complex supervisory systems, ideally vehicle and/or Powertrain systems
* Experience in developing control systems using Matlab/Simulink and Embedded coder
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* An effective team player, actively developing and supporting other team members
* An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium-term planning
* A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate and layout clearly complex ideas
* Requirements management in IBM DOORS and Dassault TRM, Task Management in RTC and JIRA
* Experience in INCA and MDA, Vehicle networks, Logging and debugging on vehicles and rigs
* Delivery of Engineering and or analytical projects preferably within the automotive industry
* Experience in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach with the ability to identify areas for improvement