Are you passionate about working with innovative technology and owning the design and engineering on projects delivering solutions that are central to our customer’s missions? Join BAE Systems as a Software Engineer.
You’ll be working with our global teams and be responsible for ensuring that the solution meets its functional and non-functional requirements, and the correct application of relevant technologies, processes and tool chains. You will need to define innovative solutions to problems, underpinned by robust delivery and engineering methods.
You will enjoy working as part of a team, working with other engineers to get the best out of the team, allowing everyone to contribute. You will be an excellent communicator both internally within your project, as well as externally to senior customer stakeholders to facilitate decision making and co-ordinate design activities with related teams. You will have the opportunity to travel.
What we’re looking for
Solution engineering experience in a high-performance secure environment from requirements and the full software lifecycle through to acceptance. Experience designing innovative solutions to meet challenging requirements where reference designs are not sufficient.
We will be delivering a highly complex world leading capability that requires highly skilled motivated and enthusiastic individuals to ensure successful delivery.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Through life engineering of complex IT solutions covering applications and operational aspects
- Ability to analyse and understand existing designs and requirements
- Experience of interacting and presenting to both internal and external stakeholders to understand, influence and shape requirements and solution approaches
- Experience in the complete development lifecycle using a range of methodologies
- Extensive experience in Forum and Ansible development
- Extensive experience in identity management
- Extensive experience in network design and dns set-up
- Experience in DevOps
- Ability to decompose requirements and formulate designs
- Experience in the use of Jira
- Desire to learn new technologies and skills.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Ability to run a team and mentor team members (dependant on experience)
- Extensive experience in automated build and test technologies such as Jenkins/GIT.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.