Are you wanting to make a difference at one of Europe's busiest transport hubs then please read on?
We are a business underpinned by our engineering infrastructure and you can now be part of our team to develop our broad and complex range of engineering infrastructure.
The Port of Dover is Europe's busiest ferry port, handling 33% of UK-EU trade, worth £144bn per annum. Each year more than 2 million freight vehicles, 2 million tourist vehicles and 10 million passengers pass through the Port. We also welcome more than 120 cruise ships, 150 cargo vessels and 4,000 leisure craft in our marina each year. But we’re not just about trade and transport. We have a vibrant and growing property portfolio and are transforming the waterfront with new amenities and activities that are making Dover a great place to live, work and enjoy under the famous White Cliffs.
Providing the infrastructure to support this diverse and busy 24/7 operation requires a dedicated team of people working in a diverse range of roles. We are committed to developing the skills and industry knowledge of our employees to enhance performance and support the achievement of our business objectives.
- Work within a very diverse multi-disciplined environment
- Exciting place to work
- Be part of a fantastic team
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 15%)
- Discretionary bonus scheme (up to 10%)
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 3rd party discounts
As Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for managing, improving, and developing the HV and LV electrical networks and emergency generators in the Port. You will act as Electrical Authority for the Port’s electrical networks, developing and implementing policies and procedures and holding internal refresher training and ensuring management procedures are in place.
You will also be working on projects as ‘Project Technical Lead and/or Project Manager for works to our electrical networks, generators and for other electro-mechanically operated assets such as link span bridges, lock gates, bascule bridge, pumping stations and building services systems.
You will have a leading engineering role in identifying and implementing initiatives on the
Port’s journey towards ‘Net Zero’ greenhouse gas emissions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc Electrical Engineering and Incorporate or Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or equivalent
- A proven track record of:
- electrical engineering design and thorough understanding of the LV and HV design process
- responsibility for the delivery phase of HV and LV electrical engineering projects.
- project management of electrical engineering projects.
- Electro Mechanical Plant and Machinery, BMS, and SCADA control systems
- Have acted as Senior Authorised Person and/or Authorised Person for LV and HV electrical works
- Demonstrable experience of managing Contracts, preferably use the NEC Engineering and Construction Contracts
- Demonstrable experience of the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter