This role is based in Jaguar Land Rover's brand new hi-tech Global Digital Development Centre in the heart of Manchester, where you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world. At JLR we believe that all of our customers deserve a great connected digital experience, and you have a chance to be a part of realising that vision. The teams here at the Global Digital Delivery (GDD) are on a journey to transform the digital future of Jaguar Land Rover, designing and building innovative systems and products for one of the world's leading luxury automotive brands in new and exciting ways.
We are looking for great engineers who have a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and practicing Continuous Integration. If you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation, this role is for you.
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow an entirely new software development capability within Jaguar Land Rover.
Reporting to the Principal Software Engineer and working closely with other multi-disciplined engineers, you will be a valued member of the Global Digital Development Centre team, consistently delivering to challenging business objectives, with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance for exciting new projects. You will work on real projects alongside experienced engineers and will be expected to take on some mentoring and coaching of less experienced engineers in the lab.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Software design and code development to internal standards and practises
* Guide and lead the development of parts of the software system
* Contribute to CICD and DevOps practises
* Support all agile development ceremonies
* Coach and mentor junior developers
* Lead on Issue investigation and resolution
* Define and implement technical roadmaps for key areas of focus in the code base
* Implementation of all applicable testing for software
* Lead / Implement code reviews where appropriate
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers with extensive experience using Java or Spring Boot. We are keen to speak to people who also have proven experience developing bespoke built enterprise scale cloud-native applications, have strong experience with API development and technologies and be an experienced advocate for practices such as Test-Driven Development.
We are keen to speak to people who also have the following skills:
* Experience with container frameworks, Docker / Kubernetes
* Extensiveexperience developing bespoke built enterprise scale cloud-native applications
* Strong experience with database technologies such as NoSQL i.e. Mongo DB or similar
* Strong experience with API development and technologies
* Experienced advocate for practices such as Test-Driven Development
* Python, Bash or other script languages.
* Experience with Microservices architectures, RESTful APIs and message queues
* Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
* Experience with source code management and version control (Git/GitHub/GitLab)
* Experience with modern CI/CD tools and techniques
* Previous involvement in all stages of the software delivery lifecycle
* Passion for mentoring and technical coaching of developers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following skills and experience are nice to have:
* Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog
* Familiarity with polyglot persistence and experience with a MySQL
* Familiarity with Kafka, Okta, Redis, Apache Solar