What to expect
Prime responsibility is to support the design, development and optimisation of HV battery structural concepts for future electrified products in the Jaguar Landrover range.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* To create innovative and competitive design solutions for PHEV and BEV battery structures to meet all relevant targets, design rules, standards etc
* To deliver high quality solutions via CAD tools and actively support resolution of design issues.
* Where required, support geometry freeze and release process for virtual series stakeholders.
* Build, maintain and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Catia V5 or V6 competent / expert practitioner
* Technical knowledge of battery system and vehicle package
* Manufacturing techniques including appropriate applications of materials, fabrications and joining.
* Basic understanding and ability to apply GD&T
* Ability to both surface and solid model.
* Good teamworking and communication skills.
* Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
* Practitioner in any CAD Software
* Knowledge of CAE toolsets and their application.
* Knowledge of HV battery systems.
* Experience of solving complex technical issues using Six Sigma and/or Global 8D methodologies
* Sound general technical understanding Knowledge of Jaguar and Land Rover release systems or experience of a relevant technical area will be a benefit.
* Experience in product development in mechanical design.
* Engineering Degree preferred