About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging... every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Role:
Technical authors help to communicate technical information about products or services in a way that is easy to understand.
They present information in the form of user and technical guides for software applications. These include operator guides, training guides or online help incorporated into software.
Technical authors establish an understanding of the product or application, and then design and write documentation to explain it to users.
Technical authors may be involved in:
- assessing the nature of documentation requirements through close involvement with key stakeholders and experts
- conducting research and gathering information about the technology or customer utilisation/experience of the service
- presenting the information, which involves activities including:
- organising information to meet the reader’s needs
- writing clear and relevant content
- making good use of screenshots
- creating and updating diagrams
- copy-editing to improve existing content
Technical authors may:
- work on multiple projects and services at the same time
- need to create work schedules
- keep up to date with market trends
- Experience of writing a range of different types of documentation and for different audiences, including configuration and technical guides.
- Experience with a single sourcing documentation tool such as MadCap Flare.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Word. You should understand concepts such as the use of styles and macros.
- Experience with a graphics tool such as Visio, SnagIt or Photoshop.
- Experience of writing documentation for financial services or compliance software.
- Experience of creating API documentation.
- Experience of creating documentation for Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- Experience with revision control systems such as SVN and Git.
- Experience with CSS, HTML, XML, JSON, SQL.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles.
- Knowledge of UX principles.
- A degree of any type, preferably in a technical discipline such as Software Engineering, Computer Science or Technical Writing, or with a graduate certificate in technical writing/communication.
- Experience working in Scrum Teams or other Agile methodologies.
- Can demonstrate the ability to acquire required technical skills and put these to effective use.
- Can work effectively as a team player.
- Can provide accurate estimates for documentation tasks and meet deadlines.
- Can take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- An inquisitive nature, with the ability to ask the right questions of those people who have expertise on the area in which you are working.
- Can demonstrate excellent communication skills (English).
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.