Fantastic opportunities for HSE Managers - Health , Safety and Environment
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,650 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
To Task Manage a multidiscipline team in the provision of HSE Services to an agreed HSE Service Schedule or Schedules across an area of the business with the aim of achieving excellent performance in environment, safety and health throughout that area.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Establishing with customer/s appropriate HSE service schedules (including proportionate ESH improvement programmes) and deliver the required services to time and cost by routinely monitoring performance against the schedule.
- The Task Management of a multidiscipline team within their current area of deployment.
- Interfacing with Technical Leads/Line Managers of HSE Staff deployed to the area of deployment and be actively involved with development and objective setting activities.
- Ensuring appropriate utilisation of deployed HSE Staff and managing instance of over and underutilisation.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent).
- Good understanding of all HSE disciplines e.g. Process Safety, Environment, Safety Cases, etc. Understanding of current HSE management system standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, HSG65 and BS OHAS 18001.
- Understanding of current HSE legislation, standards and guidance (including Licence conditions) relevant to the role.
- Understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Understanding of improvement techniques.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions.
- Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Able to make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information and to evaluate solutions.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to changing situations and the changing needs of others.