WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is responsible to lead the definition, development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured Electric Drive Units.
The purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validaton of the EDU cooling system. The EDU Cooling system lead will also have to lead the system integration of Electric Machine - Inverter - Gearbox from a Cooling system perspective.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Delivery of systems within the eDriveline department across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering dicipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
* Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Good relevant experience of working in a Thermal Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
* Good relevant knowledge of emachine/inverters/Electric Drive unit system and means to cool/lubricate them.
* Requirements Management (RM)
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* A PhD level of education with relevant industrial research is preferred
* Knowledge/experience of working practices relating to CAE methods and processes
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which SCS Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle type & functions under investigation: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE