About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Digital Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging.. every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Team
The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Services (FS) Product Engineering group, which builds products and solutions enabling Financial Institutions to detect and respond to Financial Crime activity found in their data in a scalable and comprehensive way.
A vacancy exists on the Detection Engineering team in FS Engineering. We build batch, near real-time and real-time detection engines designed to apply expert-driven rule-based scenarios or Machine Learning algorithms on top of behavioural profiles and transactional data.
Purpose of Role
Build pipelines to automate software engineering processes such as test environment creation and software build creation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as a member of a busy R&D team building solutions to complex real-time and batch “big data”-type problems
- Design, develop, release and maintain our Continuous Integration, and automate our Continuous Deployment to mimic numerous supported production environments and deployment options
- Build Jenkins pipelines to automate our processes
- Support our automated build process using Gradle
- Act as an interface point to our cross-product Devops team, who provide the base infrastructure and tools for automation
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- Troubleshoot process and tool-related issues to drive issues to resolution.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and technology stack
- Join and contribute to our professional communities
What opportunities the Role offers
- Supportive colleagues who will provide one-on-one mentoring to help you apply your talents to real world development challenges
- To grow professionally within the organisation as your career moves along a development path to promotion and the achievement of your professional goals
- The support of the company to study and gain certification with globally recognised technical and business skillsets
- Experience with Industry wide system development methodologies and processes, such as Agile and AWS
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work remotely
- Work in international environment on the solutions delivered worldwide
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with AWS or strong interest in this area
- Experience with a source code management tool such as GIT
- Experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment
- Good shell scripting skills such as Bash
- Ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate etc or strong interest in this area
- Experience with Agile development methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or CasperJS.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as FishEye, JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence.
- Experience with “Infrastructure as code” tools such as Ansible or Teraform.
- Experience with build tools such as Apache Ant, Gradle or Maven
- Experience with monitoring systems and observability platforms such as Grafana
- Experience with Java, Scala, Groovy, Python or other languages
- Understanding of serverless computing model
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.