Manufacturing MRP Controller
- Closing date
- 21 May 2022
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA's deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing MRP Controller to join our team at Stevenage working in our Manufacturing Prototype and Development Facility. You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of planning activities for manufacturing to achieve project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy, including make/buy venue/policy
- Co-ordination of Manufacturing MRP Controllers employed in the planning, maintenance and delivery of detailed parts and assemblies, in line with the manufacturing master schedule
- Manage and schedule all work through the manufacturing facilities
- Manage the efficient use of storage space
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings
- Review potential work, compile bids and estimates
- In association with Procurement suggest alternative supply/venue if not loaded to Manufacturing (UK)
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business
- Assessment of Task Directives, new or amended orders and their effect on inventory and programmes - subsequently achieving task directive requirements
- Proactive involvement in the development of deployed staff
- Co-ordination for effective non-conformance management controls
- Safeguard Health & Safety for all deployed resources within areas of responsibility in accordance with company procedures and current legislation
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good People management skills (Desirable)
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Significant demonstrable production control experience
- ONC or relevant experience
What's in it for you?
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
The opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Manufacturing Planning and Control skill pool as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence, this will deliver many training requirements that will further stimulate our staff in our drive to achieve benchmark Planning & Control practice across Manufacturing UK.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our client's expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team. You will be leading a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering a benchmark Planning & Control service in support of the newly established Seekers and Datalinks Business Unit servicing multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA Bolton, the opportunity to interact with other business units with the view to develop best practice across our state of the art facility at Bolton will be key to our continued success.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert