MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Up to £50k DOE + Excellent Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid Working
Configuration Management is pivotal to MBDA's success in developing and delivering engineered products to our customers and frontline users. Through the controlled application and compliance of processes, we give our programmes confidence and assurance in all products that we produce.
We are seeking an experienced Configuration professional with anability to actively lead the application of Configuration Management processes across MBDA's prestigious product portfolio. Your ability to build networks and foster strong relationships with our business programmes will enable you to deliver outstanding governance of our Configuration Management processes whilst contributing towards the overall success of our business programmes.
As a Configuration Manager, you will confidently establish yourself within your designated programme to provide strategic direction and deliver technical application of Configuration Management principles throughout the lifecycle of the product.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Highly experienced within a Configuration Management discipline. Extensive knowledge of Configuration Management principles, processes and standards, both nationally and internationally. A technical understanding of complex weapon systems or other defence systems being desirable.
- Strong technical appreciation of engineering business networks and associated stakeholder relationships across the product lifecycle.
- Highly developed communication skills with an ability to lead through technical challenges with confidence and assertion.
- Outstanding networking skills with an ability to build and maintain critical stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to plan, lead and deliver technical Configuration Management activities.
- Proven ability to successfully influence and negotiate at all levels, without compromising relationships.
- Whilst not essential, an operational knowledge of Def Stan 05-57, ISO10007 or EN9100 would be beneficial.
- You will be joining a fresh, dynamic and focussed core business function responsible for Configuration Management across all MBDA UK products and services.
- You will support a number of new and complex business products that underpin the future success of our business.
- The opportunity to technically coach and develop skills in both CM and wider engineering colleagues.
- The opportunity to develop and lead operational improvements to evolve MBDA's configuration management policy and processes for the future.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including a route to Professional Accreditation in the area of Configuration Management.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated prospects of international travel.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
We are committed to growing and developing our team by actively sharing knowledge and build the skills and behaviours which will underpin the future success of the business. We go beyond professional associations, and make the effort to grow strong and supportive relationships through unique team building and social events.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.