MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Up to £60k DOE + Excellent Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid working
MBDA is the leading European supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems. Our Actuation Systems group specialises in the design and development of missile actuation systems.
An opportunity has arisen to join this dynamic team as a Senior Motor Control Systems Engineer, leading the design, development and validation of embedded control systems across a range of actuator products.The Role
The Senior Motor Control Systems Engineer will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary design team, owning the design, development and proving of control algorithms and ensuring that Customer performance requirements are successfully met. Responsibilities will include:-
What are we looking for?
- Development of control algorithms for both analogue and digital systems, typically in the control of BLDC motors.
- Modelling of systems and performance analysis of the selected control algorithm.
- Derivation of sub-system requirements (mechanical, electronics, software).
- Identification of suitable electro-mechanical components (electric motors and feedback sensors) working co-operatively with suppliers where needed.
- Definition of design proving plans, design proving testing and subsequent data analysis.
- Design and development of control algorithms for digital control systems.
- Experienced user of the MATLAB / Simulink toolset and Embedded Coder for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within systems. Ideally direct experience in the control of BLDC motors.
- Ability to model complex real world electronic and mechanical systems such as feedback sensors, motors, drivetrains and drive electronics.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate within internal and external design communities at all levels.
What's in it for you?
- Ability to generate sub-system or component requirements from a set of customer requirements in support of system architecture development.
- Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies e.g. Field Oriented Control (FOC) or Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) techniques.
- Understanding of DO-178C or DO-331 standards and the code generation processes specified.
- You will sit at the core of a multi-functional design team with the opportunity to influence the complete System architecture including Electronics, Mechanical and Software design disciplines to ensure the needs of the control system design are met.
- You will experience product development across the full product lifecycle taking a design from initial concept or technology development through qualification activities and into production.
- You will work across multi-national teams on projects for customers across our partner nations.
- Opportunities to lead research and development task packages, shaping our future products and practices.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.