MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Up to £40k DOE + Excellent Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid working
MBDA is the leading European supplier of Missiles and Missile Systems. Our Actuation Systems group specialises in the design and development of missile actuation systems.
An opportunity has arisen to join this dynamic team as a Motor Control Systems Engineer, contributing to the design, development and validation of embedded control systems across a range of actuator products.The Role
The Motor Control Systems Engineer will work collaboratively within the Control Systems team, on the design, development and proving of control algorithms for Actuation Systems products. Responsibilities will include:-
What are we looking for?
- Development of control algorithms in applications typically for the control of electro-mechanical systems.
- Modelling of the actuation system within Matlab and Simulink toolsets for the purposes of performance analysis.
- Design and implementation of proving trials and subsequent data analysis to validate overall system performance with respect to design requirements.
- Support the system architecture definition and interact with various design disciplines ensuring the needs of the control system design are met.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a design team.
- Understanding of classical control algorithm design techniques.
- Knowledge of MATLAB / Simulink toolsets for data analysis or embedded code generation.
- Ability to model real world electronic or mechanical systems, developing transfer function or state space representations.
The role would suit applicants in the early stages of their careers with experience in similar fields and/or a Master's degree with demonstrable study in relevant topic areas.What's in it for you?
- You will sit at the core of a multi-functional design team with the opportunity to widen your knowledge in areas such as Electronics, Mechanical and Software design providing an excellent base for further career development.
- You will experience development across the full product lifecycle with opportunities ranging from concept and new technology development through to product qualification and production support.
- The role is more than theoretical, and you will have the opportunity to get hands on with hardware and actively participate in hardware integration and trials activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.