MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Systems Engineer - Future Combat Air System Network Enabled Weapons
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) for the RAF and international partners in record time. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this once in a generation, transformational initiative.
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in concept stage and MBDA are identifying and assessing a broad range of Weapons Effects Domain concepts including Network Enabled Weapons in order to identify those that provide the user with operational advantage. This role will support this concepting, looking at current and future solutions and working closely with other elements within FCAS, both inside MBDA and the other industry partners. FCAS-AP is an Agile programme, moving at pace, measuring and adapting.This role is accountable for managing and coordinating a range of system engineering activities relating to Network Enabled Weapons:
What we're looking for
- Technical Analysis and investigations
- Requirements development and management
- Technology maturation
- System architecture design at various levels from system of systems down to major subsystem (air system component)
- Functional decomposition and physical apportionment
- Concepting and experimentation
- Interfaces definition and interface exchange requirements
- Consideration of system integration and platform integration aspects
- Liaising with the internal SMEs team to ensure the appropriate models, tools and capabilities are in place to support the team's activities.
- Managing the assessment of capability, through appropriate trade studies to inform key design decisions during the programme.
- Liaising with counterparts in the Enterprise (BAE, Leonardo, Rolls Royce plus others and MoD agencies)
- Working with international partners within the effects domain (Sweden and Italy).
- Generating appropriate reports and evidence artefacts in support of key design reviews and Customer assurance needs
- Driving, managing and technically reviewing responses to project technical queries internally, from the customer or partners.
- Responsible for estimation of project tasks and required resources.
- Planning and delivering reviews, release of technical documents and reporting on work undertaken.
- Attending and Briefing at Customer/Enterprise working groups on system design elements
- Relevant experience in systems engineering and architecting, including system modelling
- A passion for technology and engineering - preferably in tactical data links, communication systems or networks
- Able to work in a team and to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- Experience of, or willingness to learn to operate within the scrum framework and adopt AGILE values and behaviours
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience of MBSE tools and techniques, creation and management of System Requirements and Information Exchange Requirements.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.