Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSystems MBSE Architect and Delivery Lead
Systems Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Architect responsible for model-based design & requirements development with the opportunity to transition through to leading delivery of the actual functional capability into testing, trials and certification.What would your responsibilities be?
As delivery lead, you would also be responsible for:
- Using MBSE methods to manage the systems lifecycle for the main processing equipment of a missile with a primary focus on the software hosted on this equipment
- Acting as a primary point of contact into the various testing and trials teams who use the equipment, helping them to understand how it works and investigating issues they find
- Capturing interfaces between systems in model format and autocoding these for multiple users as a single-source of truth
- Facilitating and capturing the design for a "joint algorithm and software" architecture between subject matter experts
What are we looking for?
- Setting the strategy for and managing the incremental delivery of algorithms into a dynamically representative performance model, the auto-coding of those algorithms for integration into a real-time embedded software, and verification of the system through open and closed loop testing
- Planning and tracking how requirements & user needs are satisfied from concept to design and facilitating the resolution of emergent issues found in implementation & equipment integration.
- Reviewing and approving the software product as being fit for purpose, ensuring that company and industry standards & processes are applied.
Join a great Team!
- Pro-activeness in communicating with others to resolve issues and reach consensus
- Ability & willingness to take the lead in meetings and discussions where necessary
- Adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Comfortable with ideas that are abstract and using own & other's experience to turn them into real working systems
- Understanding of your own knowledge & limitations and when to ask & rely on others
- Adept at taking complex problems and breaking them down into manageable components
- Able to summarise complex concepts in a way that makes it easy for others to understand
- Autonomy in managing your own work to achieve the team goals
- Experience of using Rhapsody, Matlab and config control tools would be useful but not essential.
- Work in an area that has a perfect balance of detailed technical design, collaborating with other engineers and opportunities for experience with real hardware
- Gain exposure to a variety of domains many of which are niche & specialised, which will allow you to develop the breadth of your technical knowledge
- Be at the cutting edge of model based systems engineering methods which are used as examples of good practice within MBDA on the wider industry in the area of systems-software architecting
- This is a scarce skill area with associated career opportunities and clear development routes on both technical and managerial paths
- Much of the work can be undertaken at home with some periods of onsite work needed
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!