Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSalary:
up to £48,000 based on knowledge and experienceBristol, Stevenage or Bolton
An opportunity has arisen to work within the growing Systems Design Airborne Systems function to deliver the integration of complex MBDA weapons onto rotary wing platforms.
You will be part of a platform integration team working collaboratively with the customer as the point of contact for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) issues.
What we're looking for
- Working with MBDA, platform and government authorities to manage and resolve EMC and E3 integration issues.
- Delivery of EMC related integration work packages to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
- Establish E3 trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system and support the subsequent trials activities.
- Produce and agree interface documentation to protect hardware from EMC environments with MBDA SMEs and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
- Support the platform integration certification & validation lead with oversight and delivery of verification and compliance activities in support of weapon system qualification and providing updates to the customer.
What's in it for you?
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) or HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines e.g. electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- While not essential, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 would be beneficial
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms would be beneficial
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
- You will be working in a focused team that delivers weapon integration programmes working closely with specialists within MBDA, platform design authorities and government organisations.
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience.
- The role will have both office based and field based elements and will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
The SDAS integration team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against ever challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
We are a motivated and focused project team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!