- Closing date
- 21 May 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to £48,000 based on knowledge and experience
Bristol, Stevenage or Bolton
An opportunity has arisen to work within the growing Systems Design Airborne Systems function to deliver the integration of complex MBDA weapons onto rotary wing platforms.
You will be part of a platform integration team working collaboratively with the customer as the point of contact for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) issues.
- Working with MBDA, platform and government authorities to manage and resolve EMC and E3 integration issues.
- Delivery of EMC related integration work packages to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
- Establish E3 trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system and support the subsequent trials activities.
- Produce and agree interface documentation to protect hardware from EMC environments with MBDA SMEs and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
- Support the platform integration certification & validation lead with oversight and delivery of verification and compliance activities in support of weapon system qualification and providing updates to the customer.
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) or HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines e.g. electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- While not essential, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 would be beneficial
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms would be beneficial
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
What's in it for you?
- You will be working in a focused team that delivers weapon integration programmes working closely with specialists within MBDA, platform design authorities and government organisations.
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience.
- The role will have both office based and field based elements and will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The SDAS integration team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against ever challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
We are a motivated and focused project team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert